[thelist] Forcing a Maximized Browser Window

Lee kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 19 06:34:50 CDT 2006

On 18/07/06, Jose Hurtado <jlhurtado at gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've done this in the past... but somehow can't find a reliable Javascript
> to maximize a browser, any browser not just IE.
>
> In particular Firefox and Safari have proven difficult.
>
> Could someone please send me the script, I've looked in Google, but many of
> them don't work well enough.
>
> Thanks!

But what have you tried?  The following?

   window.moveTo(0,0);
   window.resizeTo(screen.width, screen.height);

It doesn't actually maximize the window, but is as good as maximized.
Unless you want the Full-Screen view (F11).

The ability to move and resize windows in JavaScript is configurable
in Firefox, the above works when it is allowed, also works in IE,
Mozilla and Netscape.  I can't get Opera to do it at all.  Not tried
Safari.

--
LK