[thelist] CSS layout changes

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 10:36:22 CDT 2006

>Don't trust any editor preview! They all have shifty eyes and WILL
>steal your silver when you turn your back on them. If you want to see
>what the page looks like in a browser - use a browser. Homesite is OK,
>as it does use the MSIE rendering engine. Dreamweaver internally uses
>a different one (I think opera based initially but now totally
>bespoke) so don't trust it (again, think of your silver, probably also
>your kidneys).

Completely agreed (although I have no silver to steal): I wasn't using
DW's "Design Pane" as my preview tool; just stating my frustration in
that the layout looks almost perfect in the Design Pane, but it
certainly doesn't look that way when I actually preview it in FF or
IE.  In fact, I only enter *HTML and CSS elements as code, even in DW.
 But being that my CSS code seems to be half-baked, that is likely a
large part of the problem with my layout.