[thelist] bitmap type image/links

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Fri Jul 21 11:25:47 CDT 2006

I have a request for an image/map as a locator service.  The simple
example - take any state (or country).  States have irregularly shaped
counties.  The goal is to hover over a county and be able to select the
link (with reasonable accuracy).  I looked at the source file for one
example I found; for each selectable area it has a lot of coordinates
defined, such as:

<area SHAPE="poly" COORDS="179,70,173,57,166,52,161,51,139,52" HREF="whatever" ALT="Whatever County">

Is there a program/utility folks use to set up (generate) linked image maps (or whatever you call this?

thx, Bob