[thelist] Any experience with namespro.ca?

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Mon Jul 24 07:59:22 CDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 23:26 -0400, M. Seyon wrote:
> Evening all,
>
> Any Canadian domain owners have experience with namespro.ca as a registrar?
> Or feel free to recommend your own .ca registrar of choice.

Other than they are an certified .ca registrar[1] can't tell you much
myself about them; in BC people like the idea of DomainPeople.ca[2]
having an office in Burnaby, even if they are a US subsidiary. I have a
couple clients that insist on everything being Canuck, and also have
a .ca domain myself at the original .ca registers,[3] (was owned by
University of British Columbia), before the turn of the century(1988),
now privately owned and called webnames.ca[4] - pricey though...

1]<http://ro.cira.ca/re_choose_en>
[2]<http://domainpeople.ca/>
[3]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.ca>
[4]<http://www.webnames.ca/>