[thelist] Counting downloads via hyperlink

Jacob Reiff jacob at jaacob.com
Mon Jul 24 12:04:39 CDT 2006

> Hi folks,
>
> I have a link to some PDFs people can download. I'd like to easily
> track how
> many times the document is actually downloaded. My web stats can
> show me
> page accesses but not idividual clicks. Does anyone know how I can
> accomplish this? This is a wordpress blog so PHP is available.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

If you utilize Shaun Inman's Mint[1] stats package, there is a Pepper
called DLoads[2] by Damon Parker that does exactly that. You have to
keep the files to be downloaded in a designated folder, but besides
that, it just starts counting downloads.

[1] http://www.haveamint.com/
[2] http://damonparker.org/blog/pepper-dloads/

Jacob