[thelist] Access 2000 exes

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Mon Jul 24 13:13:29 CDT 2006

> From: Ed McCarroll
> > Isn't it enough to put Access' MDB files on the site and hook a
> > datasource in?
> MDBs only work if you have Access installed on the computer.

You can still access the data though, as long as you have a recent version
of MDAC, which AFAIK all version of Windows since about W2K include by
default.  There is no need to install Access on the server to use MDBs as a
data source.  So I'm as confused as Chris about Ken's question -- what do
you need Access exe's for if it's going to a website?

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/