[thelist] jslint combined with packer plus some pixie dust to enable batch processing

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 11:54:49 CDT 2006

Hi List,

As you may have read the OT thread, I will not be able to connect to the
Internet for a certain amount of time.
However, I still try to be productive and create some value to the
community.

It's one of those lucky moments of my internet connectivity. Currently, I
have literally tens of thousands of mail to read and thousands of spam
messages :)

Coming to the subject. I just wanted to say that I've written a web
application that uses Douglas Crockford's JSLint and Dean Edwards packer
hand to hand to validate compress and obsfucate JavaScript files in batches.

pros:

- To run is as easy as clicking a button.
- Analyzes and compresses scripts in batches.
- No copy-paste of source code needed. Files are read from an XML meta data.
- Easy to configure.
- Modular.

cons:

- It is an ASP.Net C# application, hence you require IIS to run it.
- You need a dedicated (ideally a local development) server.

I could have written it as a php, jsp or ruby application; but I found
ASP.Net C# quicker to deploy and I've chosen it since I'm running out of
time nowadays.

You can have a look at it here:

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/EasyPack.asp

Cheers,