[thelist] FAQ/resources for oft-asked questions

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Jul 25 13:51:01 CDT 2006

> by setting a higher
>
> I've been able to add a custom evolt.org mail scanner into the qmail
> pipeline.  This means that tips will soon be parsed in real-time
> (ya!).  Anyway, using the template above, you can send faqs to
> spam at lists.evolt.org and they should be parsed and thrown into the
> database.  Of course, there's nothing to view the faqs yet so you
> won't know if it is working properly or not but it will be good
> testing for me, which I promise to look at when I get back in a few
> hours.  I'll also set up a simple viewing tool when I get back.
> Dean

As Tom mentioned, how do we know what value to use for the id attribute, or
for that matter version?  How do we keep version in sequence?

I'm thinking that both id and question would only be used when changing an
existing faq item's question text.  Otherwise, just
<faq author="me" id="123">
  <answer>My updated answer</answer>
</faq>
ought to be sufficient to just update the answer and increment the version,
or
<faq author="me" id="123">
  <question>Modified question text</question>
  <answer>My updated answer</answer>
</faq>
Would update both the question and the text, and increment the version.

My tuppenceworth...

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/