[thelist] FAQ/resources for oft-asked questions

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Jul 25 14:48:16 CDT 2006

> From: Dean Mah
> Sorry for being a tease.  I had to run.  I was just happy that
> progress was being made and had to brag^h^h^h^htell someone about it.
> :)
>
> You are correct that you only need id when changing the question
> and/or answer.  You can change both question and answer or just one.
> The version attribute isn't really required and is currently
> discarded.  New FAQs will be assigned an ID automatically and if you
> specify one for a new FAQ, it will likely be ignored.  Like tips, the
> author attribute can be supplied or it will grab it from the e-mail
> headers.  There's no need to maintain the original author, unless you
> are submitting an FAQ for them, as all author information will be kept
> as part of the history.

Nice!  Any ideas for categorizing the FAQs?  Maybe allow faq items to have
child faqs, wiki-style?  Or allow arbitrary categories, e.g. <faq
category="My New Category" author="Me">...</faq> where using an ID for
existing FAQ item would move it to a new category...?

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/