[thelist] Creating SEO/User-friendly URLs

Rickards, Julian (NDM) julian.rickards at ndm.gov.on.ca
Wed Jul 26 08:32:25 CDT 2006

Many blog software these days are capable of generation
SEO/User-friendly URLs such as domain/year/month/day/article or
domain/category/article and other formats. I also have noticed that some
other types of site, such as static HTML pages, also use friendly URLs.

I realize that special code in the .htaccess file is at least partly
responsible for this. Where do I turn for help on configuring the pages
so that they are usable in a friendly URL context and where do I learn
how to configure .htaccess for this purpose too?

TIA,

Jules