[thelist] NS 4.7 compatibility?

Lee kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 28 11:06:37 CDT 2006

On 28/07/06, FayeC <ftarzwell at fayec.com> wrote:
> Is it a valid point to maintain the site compatible with NS 4.7?

Not if you check your logs and find nobody is using your site with that browser.

Being as it is rather old, does it use weaker SSL Cipher Strength than
newer browsers?

Does the vendor of the browser support this version?  If they don't,
why should you?  If they no longer release security patches for that
version, I wouldn't encourage my users to keep using it either -
especially for customers of corporate banking applications!

--
LK