[thelist] NS 4.7 compatibility?

Danny Goodman dannyg at dannyg.com
Fri Jul 28 13:58:41 CDT 2006

>> From all the corporate banks in the top 10 list (N. America, Europe, Asia)
>> only 3 - that's counting us - are NS 4.7 compatible.

Let me simply relate a frightening experience I had recently. Although I
typically avoid my bank branch officers, I had to sit down with one to
handle a paperwork issue. He had to use the computer to call up a PDF copy
of a form from the bank's server (this is one of the largest banks in the
U.S., mind you, that constantly advertises its online banking services and
technological prowess). I watched him fire up the PC, only to see him using
Netscape 4. Mouth agape, I asked why he was using that browser. It was
because that was the standard still being used on all PCs in the bank.

The server logs for that bank must tell a different story from those
elsewhere in this thread.

Danny
http://www.dannyg.com
http://www.spamwars.com