[thelist] NS 4.7 compatibility?

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sat Jul 29 22:51:28 CDT 2006

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Chris Hayes
: Subject: Re: [thelist] NS 4.7 compatibility?
:
: ----- Original Message -----
: From: "Ken Schaefer" <Ken at adOpenStatic.com>
:
: > Is the bank
: > continually being compromised security-wise? I would hope not (and I
: > don't believe they have been).
:
: <sceptic_hat mode="on">
: If not it's through luck.

Of course it's only because of luck. 30,000+ employees consistently lucky day
in, and day out. And not just this organization, but every other large
organization in the entire world.

It's relatively easy to control possible exploits in older browsers simply by
denying access to everything *except* a small set of known good sites: e.g.
the bank's own internal systems and the bank's own internet banking sites.

: Things aren't perfect even with the latest
: browsers.  I would have thought bank security to lead by example.
: Seems my computer illitereate sister has better network security.

I'm going to be blunt here - you appear to have a fault understanding of
security. Security is not a product. Security is processes, people and
products.

: Isn't it the way banks work... they'll accept corruption and theft up to
: the point where they can no longer recoup the losses from their customers.

Now I think we are diverging off into tin-foil-hat land...

Cheers
Ken