[thelist] xml and classic asp

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Mon Jul 31 15:35:51 CDT 2006

Brian...

There are two problems you are attempting to solve, one to load your text into an XML object and then to iterate through that document.

The loading is very simple, you don't have to have a file - a string of well formed XML works fine.

set xml = CreateObject("Microsoft.xmldom")
xml.loadxml strXMLText

The links I sent all discuss how to iterate through an XML object, use one of the patters discussed and you should be on your way.

I would highly recommend downloading the MS XML 4.0  SDK. This will give you the MS XML Dom Help Files and assist you in answering these types of questions.