[thelist] em's , CSS, aol - etc

Alastair Campbell ac at alastc.com
Tue Aug 1 10:57:32 CDT 2006

Bob Meetin wrote:
> I have no personal need for AOL and little/no understanding
> of it. I read one of the previous replies talking about a bug with fonts
> in EMs( http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=UsingEms ).  On my windows
> pc running IE6, my site and others I've developed using EMs are fine.
>
> ... I didn't
> think to check the version of IE (I was in a state of shock).

It's only one item is many issues, but I suspect that if you are there
again and investigate, you will find she's has IE 5.0 or 5.5. AOL will
use that as the engine.

I believe (but can't test) that holding cntl and using the mouse wheel
will adjust the font sizing. Assuming she has a mouse with a wheel...

Personally I have never installed the AOL browser, even for testing, as
it tries to take over your system (or at least it used to).

Cheers,

-Alastair