[thelist] Trivial IIS 5.0 Question LOGON_USER

Rob Smith rob.smith at lexjet.com
Tue Aug 1 13:53:12 CDT 2006

The directory security for an internal website is set to Anonymous
Access AND Integrated Windows Authentication. On the first go'round to
my web app,  request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") actually gives me
"mydomain\robs" which is exactly what I want to happen. The page has a
method="POST" to itself for form processing and validation. If
everything is all clear, I am redirected to a thank you screen. This
thank you screen has a standard link back to my start page, which again,
then detects request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER").  Ah, but this time,
request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") is NULL. Huh? Did I miss
something?

Rob Smith
LexJet
rob.smith at lexjet.com