[thelist] marking up an address

Phil Pickering phildpickering at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 7 13:35:40 CDT 2006

> However, I am sure it wasn't intended for physical addresses. As the
> link to the spec you provided said "for a document or a major part of a
> document such as a form", it's an address for the document author.

Yeah, I agree it doesn't make it absolutely clear that the <address>
element should/could be used for physical addresses... but earlier
HTML spec's up to HTML 3.2 do:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html32#address

Not sure if that means that this particular usage is now deprecated...
can't find anything to say it is.

Thanks for the interesting discussion, and the Tantek link  :)

Phil