[thelist] marking up an address

Rickards, Julian (NDM) julian.rickards at ndm.gov.on.ca
Wed Aug 9 08:29:01 CDT 2006

There are some that state that definition lists are to be used only for
defining or explaining terms or phrases and others who treat definition
lists as associative lists not unlike keyword-indexed arrays in
JavaScript. I heard, although I didn't confirm it, that Dan Cederholm
used a definition list to markup his Mission Statement and Motto on his
SimpleBits site but that is more like an associative list than a
definition. If I remember correctly, the W3C marks up a conversation
with a definition list but Tantek disagrees vehemently with that
example.

I blogged on this before where some of the explanations and examples of
tags by the W3C are not clear or, according to some, are outright wrong
and it is sometimes difficult for us who are trying to use tags properly
to understand what are correct and incorrect applications of tags.