[thelist] login via cron script

sbeam sbeam at onsetcorps.net
Wed Aug 9 23:23:46 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 08:45, Alex Beston wrote:
> if the login form has a POST and the target script is known, surely I
> can send the POST vars without a browser? how would I do this? perhaps
> I can use "header" or manipulate the http header information in some
> way?

no need to get you hands dirty, it's been done
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.http.http-client.http-client.post.php

so you just need to do the POST of login creds with that and then place
a request for the CSV. I think HTTP_Client handles the cookie
automatically (assuming they use Cookies for auth)