[thelist] Removing previous posts from thelist archives.

list terrine list.terrine at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 22:12:42 CDT 2006

Hello Listites,

Is it possible to remove previous posts from thelist archives?

I made a terrible mistake a while back - I posted a message that was a
plea for technical help, that included a link to a page on my client's
website. This post is now coming up on Google when googling for my
client's name - quite high up too, about 5th or 6th. Needless to say,
they were not terribly impressed by my "professionalism".

If it's not possible to remove the offending post, perhaps it's
possible to prevent search engines finding it? I am not sure, so
please, any help would be very very much appreciated. The thought of
my mistake being alive and well on Google forever is filling me with
despair.

Thank you very much for any help at all!
Amanda.