[thelist] non-English site, problems now.

Eduardo Kienetz eduardok at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 14:35:49 CDT 2006

On 8/12/06, Erika <ekm at seastorm.com> wrote:
> Ok here is the site:
> http://www.capoeiraangolaacupe.org/
>
> for some reason, the place from whence I took the text
> http://www.geocities.com/capoeira.angola_do_acupe/home.htm
>
> displayed characters correctly, but my version does not.
>
> do I need to use special characters (&amp; stuff)
> or is it my server or.... what am I doing wrong?
>
> thanks again (confusing!)
>
> Erika

Your PHP might be advertising outputted content with a different enconding.
php.ini should have a line like this: default_charset = "iso-8859-1"
This changes the behaviour of your text.
I'm Brazilian and whenever working with html I prefer using &aacute;
(for á) &atilde; (for ã) and so on, to avoid any problems. This way I
feel safe ;)

Regards,

--
Eduardo  Bacchi Kienetz