[thelist] OT: Best PDA or Smartphone for Work and Getting Things Done!

Jose Hurtado jlhurtado at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 09:03:43 CDT 2006

Chris,

First thanks for the suggestion. The problem I see with the Blackberry is
that is very "email" oriented, no stylus support and little or no support
for office like applications.

Palms and even Pocket PCs come with PDA versions of software to edit, read
and create documents for Word, Excel, Powerpoint and they all read Adobe
Acrobat files (PDF) it seems to me, most Blackberries do not do this.  And
if they do, you have to buy expensive third party software to do it, while
on the other PDAs that software is bundled for free, or is very cheap.

That is why I do not see the blackberry as a PDA yet, but a good smartphone,
some times the PDA part is VERY useful.

Best Regards,

Jose L. Hurtado
Web Designer / IT Professional