[thelist] PHP require_once links not working?

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Thu Aug 17 16:17:30 CDT 2006

I'm having problems with trying to call an includes using require_once. If I place the page making the call within the directory, it works. If I try placing the page outside of the directory and include that directory in the path name, it gives me a blank screen.

Given a directory name of validation, placing the file in the dir and making the call like:

require_once('_includes/classes/validation/ValidationSet.php');

works fine.

Placing the file outside of the validation dir and changing the call to:

require_once('validation/_includes/classes/validation/ValidationSet.php');

fails.

I've only just started using PHP, but this seems to be a pretty basic thing. What am I doing wrong? I've tried Googling but I've no clue what I should even be looking for.

Ron