[thelist] PHP require_once links not working?

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Fri Aug 18 09:26:55 CDT 2006

Mark wrote:

> Put this error reporting code at the top of your file:
>
> error_reporting(E_ALL);
>
> The other posts are most likely correct in that it's a path issue:
> include, require, require_once etc. all are dependent on one
> another in
> some sort of way and everyone runs into this problem at some point in
> time.
>
> The php.net web site and it's mirrors are a wealth of
> information if you
> read the comments below each item in the docs, use the php 4
> docs if you
> are learning, the php5 docs are somewhat more specific to that release
> so you might not find what you are looking for in that
> section but it's
> in 4.
>
> Gabe on the first post on this page ran into an interesting outcome of
> it:
> http://ca3.php.net/manual/en/function.require.php
> --
> cheers,
>
>         Mark

Mark and all, thanks for the replies. I did actually peruse the PHP site
before posting to the list, but didn't see that particular post. I tried
modifying the permissions of the validation directory, which were set to
read only, to read/write/execute for all users. Still no luck. I made
sure the permissions propagated down to the sub-directories as well.

I also tried adding the error reporting line and it still gives me a
blank page with no errors reported. The PHP code at the top of the page
now looks like:

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);

require_once('validation/_includes/classes/validation/ValidationSet.php'
);

?>

I don't recall if I mentioned it in the first post, but I am running
PHP5 on IIS5 running on Win2K Server.

If you have any other ideas, I'd appreciate it. In the meantime I'll
continue to look at the PHP site again and see if I can resolve this.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Ron