[thelist] tracking speed

Ron ronr at linuxdude.com
Sat Aug 19 15:08:12 CDT 2006

I think most server operators are satisfied to just monitor server load.
But if you really want to know exactly how long your server is taking to
render a page then just set a starttime variable at the beginning and
endtime variable at the end and do the math. With PHP the microtime()
function is handy. This obviously still doesn't tell you how fast the
client got the page, but that's a bandwidth issue for which there are
numerous tools to monitor that.

http://us3.php.net/microtime

Ron