[thelist] Built in / Do nothing AJAX Support - was Which Free Opensource AJAX Framework is worth thetimeand effort?

Jose Hurtado jlhurtado at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 13:09:01 CDT 2006

Talking about Atlas and the AJAX aware controls that would be there already
using Windows Vista, I wonder what would be available outside of .Net and
Microsoft?  Is there anything like that in another framework? And by this I
mean, another development framework where you get AJAX functionality by
either doing nothing or next to nothing, things get "AJAXed" for you!

Being able to avoid all the Javascript and still get AJAX support would be
awesome.  I heard Ruby on Rails has already this support built-in, but I am
not clear as to how deep is the support for it.

Does anybody know of a framework for Ruby, Java, PHP or whatever where you
would have to do very little or no changes to your code in order to get your
applications AJAX enabled?  Which are those?  I am sure most developers
would love to have something like that and MS is sure to get more attention
if Atlas is as good as they say it will be.

Any light on this subject would be most welcome!

Best Regards,

Jose L. Hurtado
Web Developer / IT Professional
Toronto, Canada