[thelist] Commandl line MS SQL DB Repair / Upgrade Options...

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Aug 24 01:31:33 CDT 2006

Howdy...

I have a client with a MS SQL 7.0 Database MDF file. The MS SQL 7.0
server is long gone, and they are now on MS SQL 2000. Well, they'd like
to dig into the olde database, so I thought that attaching it to MS SQL
2000 would be the way to go.

Unfortunately I'm getting an error. The error says I need to run DBCC on
the sysindexes table. Of course, since the DB does not attach I can't
run DBCC.

I've googled around and have come up empty handed. One posting says I'm
SOL, the DB file is corrupt.

That might be the case, but I'm asking here on the outside chance
someone has done a command line upgrade of a MDF file from 7.0 to 2000,
then attached the result to MS SQL 2000.

Or maybe someone knows of a command line DB checking tool I can run
against the MS SQL 7.0 DB file and fix any issues.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?