[thelist] what percentage uses webmail?

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Thu Aug 24 01:32:11 CDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 10:42 -0400, Marc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Had an interesting experience with one of my banks this morning, tried to
> send them a question via their website only to discover it still uses
> mailto: to process the form.

According to HTML 4.01: "User agent behavior for a value other than an
HTTP URI is undefined."

> Does anyone have stats on what percentage of email users use webmail these
> days? Or ideas where I might be able to find this sort of data.

I personally only use POP, and specifically avoid any Web-based e-mail
interface unless I have no choice. My Yahoo account was overrun with
spam, so I quit bothering with it, and of course, Gmail is too creepy.

--
Shawn K. Quinn