[thelist] Commandl line MS SQL DB Repair / Upgrade Options...

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Thu Aug 24 01:55:17 CDT 2006

Try:

http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.databases.ms-sqlserver/browse_thread/t
hread/64543bab2195428f/e2cf9c0b19c3c4b4?lnk=st&q=error+attaching+database+Run
+DBCC+CHECKTABLE+on+sysindexes&rnum=17&hl=en#e2cf9c0b19c3c4b4
Cheers
Ken

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Anthony Baratta
: Sent: Thursday, 24 August 2006 4:32 PM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: [thelist] Commandl line MS SQL DB Repair / Upgrade Options...
:
: Howdy...
:
: I have a client with a MS SQL 7.0 Database MDF file. The MS SQL 7.0
: server is long gone, and they are now on MS SQL 2000. Well, they'd like
: to dig into the olde database, so I thought that attaching it to MS SQL
: 2000 would be the way to go.
:
: Unfortunately I'm getting an error. The error says I need to run DBCC on
: the sysindexes table. Of course, since the DB does not attach I can't
: run DBCC.
:
: I've googled around and have come up empty handed. One posting says I'm
: SOL, the DB file is corrupt.
:
: That might be the case, but I'm asking here on the outside chance
: someone has done a command line upgrade of a MDF file from 7.0 to 2000,
: then attached the result to MS SQL 2000.
:
: Or maybe someone knows of a command line DB checking tool I can run
: against the MS SQL 7.0 DB file and fix any issues.