[thelist] Which Free Opensource AJAX Framework is worth thetimeand effort?

Jose Hurtado jlhurtado at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 10:24:53 CDT 2006

Christian,

I agree completely, it all comes back to making things better for the
customer and assembling a team that not only can deliver results, but who
actually cares about this.

This probably why more and more "human oriented" design or
interfaces<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/XHIGIntro/chapter_1_section_1.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP30000894-TP6>is
becoming more and more a differentiator among products.  For example
Basecamp, the project site, is really nothing amazing, but the usability is
awesome, it is so simple to use, learn and just so incredibly useful, it is
a poster for AJAX done right. The same can be said of the iPod, it is just
done better all over, it is better than anything else out there, why?
Designed for people.

AJAX is now probably close to what Flash used to be, the fortunate thing is
that most of the early AJAX projects out there happened to be pretty good
from the user perspective.  With the explosion of the Web2 bubble however,
this is already changing... probably not for the better, but we'll see.

Best Regards,

Jose L. Hurtado
Web Designer / IT Professional
Toronto, Canada