[thelist] PHP HTTP Fetch and IE VBScript

Hershel Robinson hershel at galleryrobinson.com
Thu Aug 31 14:39:13 CDT 2006

Peter Van Dijck wrote:
> with apologies for the angry tone in my first post. :) I just dislike
> coding guidelines that serve the wrong purpose.

No problem.

>> http://us2.php.net/curl

Yes, we know about curl. My first post should have made that clear.
Perhaps what was NOT clear is that the page we are attempting to curl
requires the user agent to execute VBScript, which means that for
browsers, it is an IE-only site. Therefore our curl code needs to also
somehow either execute or feign the execution of VBScript (and also some
JS apparently).

This is the issue--how to get around VBScript and JS.

Thanks,
Hershel

--
Web Site Construction by Gallery Robinson
http://galleryrobinson.com/