[thelist] PHP HTTP Fetch and IE VBScript

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Aug 31 14:08:07 CDT 2006

> From: Hershel Robinson
> But I still think the issue is the VBScript. I didn't get
> into the details, but I am certainly aware that there are
> some pages that won't submit without JS turned on. For
> example, if the JS must set a flag, that is, set an input
> value, and without that, the submitted data will fail, then
> that JS therefore needs to execute.

So, find out what the valid "end result" of the clientside script is, and
code for that.  If the JS sets a flag, find out what that flag is, and
construct your HTTP object accordingly.  You should be able to grok it from
the js/vbscript that the client is supposed execute, or use http
viewer/fiddler/etc to find out what your browser actually sends to the
server for a successful regular login.  There is no js/vb in the POST data.

> Of course one could hard code that, but that has its own drawbacks. :)

Such as?   <sarcasm>Actually succeeding in what you're trying to
do?</sarcasm>

--
Max Schwanekamp
NeptuneWebworks.com