[thelist] Test Suite

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Tue Sep 5 18:46:25 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I currently test our site in Firefox (latest version), IE6, IE7, and Opera 9. I've used Netscape 8 lately, but seeing as it uses the Firefox and IE6 rendering engines, it seems kind of redundant.

We also have a test pc using windows 98 with IE 5.

Therefore, I have 3 questions:
1. What would theListers recommend in addition to these browsers? I'm a little uncomfortable just using the latest browsers on the latest Windows OS (and one old IE browser) and thinking that the site 'must work for everyone'.

Unfortunately our testing would have to be internal (eg no 'site check please'), as my boss would can me if she found out I was letting coders the world over poke around in the site before things were officially 'live'.

2. We do have an apps machine running virtual PC, which I've installed Novell Linux 9 on, but I can't get the network settings to work correctly yet. Any hints?

3. Excuse my ignorance of things Mac, but if we get an intel copy of OSX, can it be installed using virtual pc?

Thanks in advance,
Paul