[thelist] Track web visitors' clicks

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 01:22:01 CDT 2006

I use 103bees and I'm quite satisfied with it [1].

It reports
- how many of the clicks are from search engines and how many are through
referrals & bookmaks (the more incoming referrals, the better)
- what keywords have been searched that day, for the last week, last 15
days...
- which links are most frequently visited.

in addition the system e-mails you a weekly suggestion of keywords. At times
it makes you realize what odd keyword combinations are used to arrive to
your website.

Another free tool I use is awstats [2].

And if you have access to your logfiles you can zip & download them and
process them oflline with a variety of tools (I use weblog expert [3], for
instance)

[1] http://www.103bees.com
[2] http://awstats.sourceforge.net/
[3] http://www.weblogexpert.com/