[thelist] Norton Internet Security

Steven Pierce steven.pierce at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 10:27:23 CDT 2006

Robert,

I have used both McAfee and AVG.  I still like AVG better.  I find the
interface on McAfee to be really hard to use.  AVG does the updates for you,
and you do not need to do much but have an internet connection.  If it does
an update, it is all done at once.  You do not need to reboot, and if you
are not at your machine, in 30 sec it will take all the messages off the
screen.   I have used the AVG for about 5 years now, and I have yet to get a
virus on my system.  A couple of tried, and well they got stopped.

I think of McAfee as a semi clone of Norton.  I usually do not like a lot of
the "free" items on the net, most of them are a waste of the users time.
This is one that I do enjoy, and
use it on all my machines.  If they had a Mac version I would use it also.
The only different between the paid version and the free, is what admin
things you can use.  The items that can be used are OK, but I have found no
need for them.

HTH