[thelist] correct use of alt and title attributes

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Mon Sep 11 17:03:28 CDT 2006

I am looking for a summary that describes the correct use of alt and
title in relation to standards, accessibility and search engine
optimization.  I found a 4 page SEO thread on highrankings.com which
suggests the alt text unless it is associated with a linked image.  That
sort of helps if you can remain focused.  I also found a very long
informative article discussing correct us of alt and title at:

www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200412/the_alt_and_*title*_*attributes*/

I'm looking for more of a summary that cuts to the chase.  Recommendations?

-Bob