[thelist] initial site check: http://IntranetIntelligence.com/

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Sep 14 15:39:28 CDT 2006

> From: Joel D Canfield
> http://IntranetIntelligence.com/
> finally eliminated the old table layout. blows up somewhat at
> very large font sizes, or anything over 150% or so in Opera.
> I've only tested on Windows XP in the latest IE, FireFox,
> Opera, and Netscape. Any rumors of breakage in other
> browsers, versions, or OSes are appreciated.

Hey Joel, the layout totally breaks apart at 800x600.

The images should either be improved, or you could emphasize the graininess,
sort of like older newspaper photos.

Font accessibility purists would probably disagree, but IMHO Times New Roman
on the screen at default sizes makes the site look amateurish, kinda
1996ish.  Maybe tweak the size a bit, or try another more common serif font,
e.g. Georgia, as the base.

Rather like the varied font sizes in the "true power of information" block.
Kinda garish, in an attactive, old-style newspaper sort of way.  That's what
made me think that the design images might be *more* grainy.

$0.02.

--
Max Schwanekamp
NeptuneWebworks.com