[thelist] load a web page after video finishes?

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri Sep 22 14:14:27 CDT 2006

jason.handby wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>

>> Hello everyone,
>>    Is there a video format (ideally a streaming format) that
>> allows me to call a URL when the video is finished - or at a
>> specific time within the presentation? I've got a
>> presentation that students are required to watch, and sign a
>> statement agreeing to follow it afterwards. My current
>> solution is to scroll the URL to the form about 98% of the
>> way through the video, but if I can do it automatically that
>> would work better.

you might be interested in this application:

http://www.flashvideostudio.com/
Convert Video Files AVI MPEG MOV To Macromedia Flash SWF

It takes your AVI file (or mpeg or mov) allows you to add overlays,
second sountracks etc and publishes a swf file for embedding into a web
page - and when the movie finishes it can load a new url automatically.

hth

;o)