[thelist] ASP.NET Posting an xml file?

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Mon Sep 25 14:08:27 CDT 2006

Casey Crookston wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Now that I take a better look at the xml you are creating, it is
> formatted the same way.  ???  When I submit the xml they gave me as a
> sample, I get this error:
>
> 0FailureHard10001The XML document is not well formed
>
> I've conformed that this is an error being returned by their server, but
> so far I've not been able to figure why their sample is not well formed.
> Did you run into this?

lol yup.  I did the exact same thing.

Turns out, I was posting to the wrong URL.

Their PDF's are poorly written.  Make sure you're sending the the
Street-level verification URL, not the city/state/zip tool URL.  Sending
the post to the wrong URL will return the hard failure.

    baseURL= "https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/XAV"        '//TEST
    baseURL= "https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/XAV"            '//LIVE