[thelist] Javascript - forcing a post request instead of get?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 13:26:40 CDT 2006

This is a wierd question, but an engineer asked me today if when popping a
window (or say even opening content in an iframe) if we could force the http
request to be a post instead of a get. I at first thought no, but I'm
wondering if you can use the http request object to do it, like a lot of
ajax stuff is done. Seems to me when you are pulling content from somewhere
via URL, it's always going to be a GET, but correct me if I am wrong.
(Please CC me directly on any answers, thanks!)

Tom