[thelist] ASP.NET parsing xml response with XMLDocument class

Chris at globet.com Chris at globet.com
Mon Oct 2 12:06:44 CDT 2006

Casey

[..]

> Dim xmlResponse As XmlText = stIn then it throws this error:
>
> Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Xml.XmlText'.
>
> Understandable. So, I'm just wondering how I convert a string
> to xml so I can then parse it out with XMLDocument.

When I used the search term "System.Xml.XmlText" in Google
(<http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=System.Xml.XmlText&btnG=Google+
Search&meta=>), the first result was the following:

<http://www.topxml.com/system_xml/system_xml_xmltext.asp>

This article suggested that you would use the following technique.

xmlResponse = objDocument.CreateTextNode(stIn)

[..]

Google can be a pretty good resource for basic questions such as this,
and will yield potential solutions faster than theList. It's also worth
factoring time into your schedule for learning new technologies. I
personally try to spend at least 1 hour each weekday dedicated to
learning new stuff. If you learn the basics, you'll find it a lot easier
to pick up the more complex stuff. Also, the MSDN documentation is
freely available for all .NET related technologies. It will help you out
if you take a little time to familiarise yourself with this resource.

Cheers!

--
Chris Marsh
Software Developer
e: chris at globet.com
w: http://www.globet.com/

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the Company. This message is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is confidential and privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender immediately and delete it from your system.