[thelist] Inexpensive Flash editors that won't mess with existing functionality

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Mon Oct 2 13:32:31 CDT 2006

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) wrote:
>     A client of a friend is looking for a way to update things like contact info and images within their Flash site ( http://tinyurl.com/jzmjy ).  Their first thought was that they needed a web developer -- which may be the best way to go -- but I was wondering if anyone could recommend some easy-to-use editor that won't cripple or mess up the existing content.

It's pretty straightforward to separate the data and the presentation --
you can keep the changing contact data in the HTML itself (search
"flashvars") or in an external XML file or web service which is called
on demand.

But if the original presentation was made with the data hardcoded into
the SWF, then it would need to be reworked to accommodate this
separation of data and container.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd