[thelist] [TIP] Firefox Javascript Memory Leak Detector Plugin

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 06:27:26 CDT 2006

<tip author="Volkan Ozcelik" type="Firefox Plugins">
Do you want to see whether your JavaScript leaks or not?

Then consider using Firefox Leak Monitor [*].

[*] https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2490/
</tip>

Although I've written an article extensively investigating the JS Memory
Leak issue [1] and I think I know quite a lot on which peculiar situations
can cause a leak; I have detected that my library [2] (s at rdalya) is still
leaking at certain points.

But thanks Firefox leak detector plugin that I now have plugged all the
leaking points,
... and they will be fixed in the next release :)

Then I thought this tool will be useful for the rest of the community, as it
was to me. Hence contributed a tip.

[1] "Memory Leakage in Internet Explorer Revisited"
http://www.codeproject.com/jscript/leakpatterns.asp

[2] http://sardalya.pbwiki.com/

HTH,
--