[thelist] SOLVED: htaccess mod_rewrite help please!!!

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Sat Oct 7 20:50:38 CDT 2006

Hi Stephen,

Stephen Rider <evolt_org at striderweb.com> wrote:
> This, in the blog directory (not root directory) did the trick:
> [snip]
> Very similar to David's suggestion.  Actually, I'm not sure why
> David's suggestion didn't work.

Me neither! Maybe I shoulda tested it first... :-)

> ...He lead me in certain directions, I
> bounced around the web a few times looking things up and trying
> various permutations, and when it finally worked I realized I had
> gone the long way around and was back very close to what was
> suggested.  :)
>
> Thanks for the help!

You're quite welcome.  Glad my leading you to bouncing helped!

mod_rewite is somehing of a black art.  In my experience with it, just
about anything is possible, yet just about nothing ever seems to ever on
the first try, and what finally does end up working usually looks
nothing like what you though it would.

But such is the nature of all black arts.

-dave