[thelist] New Site: Only the print version of pages are listing in Google

Matt Harris mhspam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 08:47:00 CDT 2006

One of our newly developed web site is having serious problems with google.
 Originally, it wasn't crawled at all, and now it is crawled, but only the
print version of the pages is being listed in the search results.

It appears that something is causing the regular version of the page to be
filtered out of Google.  We have checked the robots.txt file, and it is
fine.  We've also scanned the page and don't see anything which should be
holding things up.  Can someone help us resolve this issue?

The site is www.wesleyseminary.edu.  You can view a list of all pages
crawled by google using this url:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:wesleyseminary.edu

You'll notice the 'css.print' string in the url for nearly every page (the
homepage is included).

We rewrite the urls so query strings aren't an issue. For instance, here are
two example pages (w/ their print counterparts):

page: http://www.wesleyseminary.edu/about/id.171/default.asp
print: http://www.wesleyseminary.edu/about/ID.171,css.print/default.asp

page: http://www.wesleyseminary.edu/academics/id.13/detail.asp
print: http://www.wesleyseminary.edu/academics/ID.13,css.print/detail.asp

Also, we have used this same url scheme for many other web sites without
issue.

Please help!

--
Best Regards,