[thelist] New Site: Only the print version of pages are listing in Google

apathetic apatheticgenius at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 13:01:23 CDT 2006

On 11/10/06, Matt Harris <mhspam at gmail.com> wrote:
> One of our newly developed web site is having serious problems with google.
>  Originally, it wasn't crawled at all, and now it is crawled, but only the
> print version of the pages is being listed in the search results.

I've just searched Google for some relevant phrases, and plenty of
your normal pages came up in the results.

I think part of the problem might be that you have a much better
content:markup ratio happening on the print pages, because you loose
the clutter of the navigation.

Slightly curious as to why you even need an alternative version of the
page, when a simple print stylesheet will hide the irrelevant content
just fine, without requiring a whole set of duplicate pages.

Tim