[thelist] RSS Feed errors - encoding issues

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Thu Oct 12 13:11:29 CDT 2006

The first thing I would look for is what does the apostrophe look like in the source? (presumably the Database) And then I would track the "state" of that character as it moves through the code and into the RSS feed. Maybe the character is encoded in some "other" form and the readers you are using to view the RSS data are translating it for you into a visual '.

Obvious question - Have you tried looking at the RSS feed with Notepad / Textpad. Something that doesn't do HTML rendering, or allows raw text views?