[thelist] MySQL User Problem

Johnathon Tinsley jon at encryptec.net
Thu Oct 12 15:05:00 CDT 2006

Hello

Have you tried using the MySQL client to connect? You'll need access to the server, either remote or locally. You can set it up so that you can access the MySQL via a different computer (you'll need mysql client installed, comes with MySQL, or you can grab it seperatly), or you ssh onto the server (assuming its linux, and you have access to it).

The syntax is (in the command line)

mysql -h <hostname - not needed if localhost> -u <username> -p
hit enter, and then it will ask for your password. Enter it, and if you get in, its a problem with your script. If you cant, its a problem with the user define on mysql.

HTH,

Johnathon

--
Johnathon Tinsley, Encryptec Limited
Tel: 0845 25 77033, FWD: 753977
Email: jtinsley at encryptec.net, MSN: jtinsley at encryptec.net

Statements made are at all times subject to Encryptec's Terms and Conditions of Business, which are available upon request.