[thelist] Coldfusion Dev server

Chris Ditty cditty at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 22:45:05 CDT 2006

I am in line to get a gig working in Coldfusion 7.  My CF is a little rusty,
so I downloaded the development server(coldfusion-702-lin.bin)  to load on
my dev server.  Install went well and it is up and running.  However, when I
try and access any CFM pages, I get a CF error saying that I can only access
the pages from 127.0.0.1.  When I last messed with the dev server, it ran
fine on my dev server and I could access it from anywhere, as long as I
didn't go over the 2 user limit.

It looks like Macromedia/Adobe wants you to develop and test on the same
machine instead of a separate development server.  Can someone confirm this
for me please.  I really don't want to install Apache/IIS on my desktop
machine just to refresh my CF memory.