[thelist] help with CSS layout...

jsWalter jsWalter at torres.ws
Fri Oct 20 11:40:55 CDT 2006

On Fri, October 20, 2006 1:50 am, kim brooks wei wrote:
> Walter,
>

> You want your elements to line up, but you don't say in which way.

4 boxes, all lined up:
 - left pair verticially
 - right pair verticially
 - top pair horixontally
 - bootom pair horixontally

the 4 boxes are in 2 columns. The rows are uneven, so a spreadsheet
display is out.

Does that help?

The URL I gave show you how it should look, but it uses tables (in tables)
to make it work.

> You also don't say which platform you're viewing browsers with,

I'm on XP Pro, but it needs to work for others as well.

> nor which versions.

 * Windows IE 6
 * Windows Firefox 1.5.0.7

> Perhaps you could post screenshots  showing what you want

The URL below is howit is to look.

> and others showing what behaviour is bugging you.

What really bugs me is that the logo art (upper left corner) had to be a
background image with a transpaernt overlay (for the link) becasue an
image in that cell was pushing the cell 4 pixels higher than I wanted.

> Then it will be easier for you to get help.

Thanks for your help.

Walter